Thursday, January 8, 2009

Paper AND Plastic Are Heinous And Fabric Bags are Cute!

Sometimes I feel like I am the only one who brought bags to the store with me. I know we all forget, and I'll give ya some help with that following this blog, but man, I would think that by now EVERYBODY would have them up on that belt before their groceries. I have been making Alternatives to the paper/plastic resource dilemma for awhile now, and I know that we all love a cute bag, AND, I dare mention, I am not the only one pumpin'out these bags, so what gives?
I have an assortment when I go, sure, but they are not plastic, except for the couple of trader Joe's bags I still have kickin' around, and YES, I do forget, but I have gotton better and it feels really good when I buy an enormous amount of food and didn't need a single store bag because I brought, like seven of my own. So I would like to give everyone who is in the sound of my blog to check out the assortment on etsy! My etsy would be the absolute best, of course, but if you can't hang with my products, let etsy suck ya in for awhile and take a good look at all the fabulous handmade bags out there. Some $5. even! And you know, deep down that it would feel pretty awesome to have YOUR bags be something interesting for all to see as you stroll out of the wonderful and yummy but overpriced Whole Foods! Try it, man. Earth friendly doesn't have to be ugly.

Tips for getting your bags to the store with you:

-Put those suckers in your car
-Put those suckers by the door
-Wad them up and put them in your purse, backpack, or satchel
-Put a bag in all of those places so chances are no matter what you will at least have one
-Shop once a week lightly so you will carry less and spend less and need fewwer bags to have around
-keep a list that you continually add to and write at the topBAGS so when you review it before you leave(if you are that organized)you will be reminded
-LAST: BUY A STYLISH ECO FRIENDLY MARKET BAG OR TWO SO YOU WILL BE EXCITED TO BRING THOSE WITH YOU TO ANY STORE AND EVEN USE IT FOR OTHER STUFF!!!!

No comments: