Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year, New Stuff!

Happy New Year Planet Earth! It's been wonderful creating and sharing and learning with so many fellow crafters and earthlings! I hope the positive vibe that has begun in our country can spread throughout the universe! I have certainly been busy, not just with my kids and laundry, but with so many ideas that keep me awake at night. I have launched my etsy website shop(www.majkatree.etsy.com), introduced my screen printed bags and pouches, and recently, an old love; painting has cropped up and squatted down on some lovely found pieces of reclaimed wood. Don't ya just love when something old and seemingly unusable gets a new incarnation as something new and fabulous!? I get so excited when I see something peeking out from a rubbish pile that may have some life in it yet, and we all want to help reduce waste and be a little more creative about how we deal with "stuff." As for my bags; they are accumulating as my passion for making them grows. Thankfully some of you guys have taken some of them off my hands for me! I scout out new and modern fabrics everyday and as with anything else, I find fabric in some unusual places: Old dresses, Husband's old shirts sheets-new and old-, tablecloths, and even old bags and purses! I also seem to uncover new pieces faster than I can keep up with! Here are a few photos , and remember, I am always open to your ideas, comments and custom requests.

No comments: